Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Birthday...seriously belated.

Sorry it's taken so long to get an update posted, in my quest to move I didn't plan setting the new place up with TV or Internet. The only reason I got my power turned on was because the apartment complex did that for me. I think this might be what you call lazy, but it's given me plenty of time to do repeat viewings of The West Wing while sitting in my bed or unpacking the 234435 boxes still left over. Sam Seaborn & Josh Lyman please report to my apartment office immediately.

Things started off with a BANG! in the form of my birthday dinner. As I mentioned before we headed to Elliott's Oyster House. Despite my dislike for oysters and the insane wait time (LOVE reservations) we made it in and gorged ourselves on crab, prawns, lobster, squid...you name it. There were a variety of dishes chosen around the table, but most importantly I had the crab cakes. My mouth salivates just thinking about the little cakes of pure awesomeness. We stuffed ourselves silly (copious amounts of wine, burnt cream) and chatted for a few hours. Some friends gave me lucky bamboo for the new place and all and all I had great time.

The boyfriend (aka M) and I at dinner.

The next evening M and I headed up to see my family and I got to introduce him to the experience that is my step dad's chicken parmesan. This stuff is so good that I refuse to order it in restaurants because it doesn't even compare. I hung out with my family while my little brother got
antsy (it wasn't time for cake yet) and opened some presents. So sweet, I picked up a hand mixer and a new pair of shoes!



Up next is an intro to my new apartment. I'm warning you, there's an unnatural amount of space in this place, I don't know what to do with myself. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter