Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving meme, or one to do while passing the time.

I stole this while surfing around blogs tonight, was taking a break from trying to come up with something for my Christmas list....I hope you enjoy.

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
The real question is who DOESN'T have the same birthday as me. Whenever I meet new people they all tell me someone who was born on July 23. I can tell you there are 4 others in my family (extended) and Harry Potter (the actor, not the character) off the top of my head. Oh yeah, Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia on "Buffy") and Monica Lewinski.

2. Where was your first kiss?
Eighth grade in a standard spin the bottle endevor during my bday party. Nothing good.

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property?
That's one of those things I don't think I could do w/o feeling extremely guilty afterward. Not my thing.

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
There's the occasional accidental kick in the nads to boys in school (soccer people, I'm not that evil!) and the random smack in jest to the boyfriend but that's about it.

5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
I did choir until 6th grade but after that it's really only kareoke for bachelorette parties or Christmas songs in front of my family. What? I have a huge family.

6. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex?
Arms & eyes.

7. What really turns you off?
Can't get over the corner mouth crusty stuff, lying and jealousy.

8. What do you order at Starbucks?
When I actually do it's a decaf peppermint mocha w/half the chocolate. What is with Starbucks and the insane amount of chocolate that goes into a mocha? Look at the iced one, it's basically black.

9. What is your biggest mistake?
I have regrets but I don't think they're mistakes.

10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Like I said, the guilt afterward isn't worth it.

11. Say something totally random about yourself.
I'm making an INSANE amount of cranberries and some pizza right now.

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
I don't think so but apparently that myheritage thing tells me I look like Laura Bush. Thanks for that vote of confidence.

13. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows?
I love a good Pixar movie and I'll watch the random SpongeBob if the boyfriend makes me but that's about it. Oh wait, I have a 9 year old brother, I watch his stuff too.

14. Did you have braces?
Never, although my dentist was great to tell me that two of my teeth overlap and I could consider them "if I want". Thanks for the complex man.

15. Are you comfortable with your height?
It's not too bad, I'm 5'5" which isn't bad. Was an inch shorter for a long time but I'm still way taller than my mom so I'm the person who gets stuff off of shelves for her.

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?
I really like the fact that my boyfriend sends me flowers for the big things (anniversaries) when I've pretty much forgot about them.

17. When do you know its love?
When you can't imagine spending extended amounts of time with anyone else. When you're comfortable enough to fart in front of each other. When you'll watch all kinds of tv that you're not even interested in because they love it.

18. Do you speak any other languages?
I can do a little French & Spanish. Wait, I know more French, the extent of my Spanish is "un cerveza por favor".

19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
I have, but oddly only for the "sunlight" principle. I like being pale mostly.

20. What magazines do you read?
At one point I had like 10 subscriptions but now it's the random People, some Cosmo if I'm feeling stupid about men & Business Weekly.

21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Never. Could you please arrange that for me? Actually for prom I worked out all the details and then my friends (who's family's were WAY better off than mine) said it was too pricey. Sorry, I saved properly.

22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Oh yes, I was super close to my g. gma (think 20+ years and lived with her for most of it). I miss her so much.

23. Do you watch MTV?
Every time I do I feel like my brain cells have died. At least I don't still have a Season Pass to The Hills.

24. What’s something that really annoys you?
The fact I have to clean my house tonight before Thanksgiving because my mom's oven is broken and she's coming over to cook her sweet potatoes before heading to the grandparent's house. Seriously, I haven't been here for like a week and it's a mess.

25. What’s something you really like?
Wine. Just kidding (sort of), how about TV? That's better. :-)

26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
I like a few older songs.

27. Can you dance?
Of course, and sometimes very well.

28. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up?
A little over 48 hours, thanks in part to a high school senior year project. I told myself never again and I've stuck to it.

29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No, but I did drive myself to the ER with an ulcer in my eye. NOT FUN.

30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
I love them

31. Tag 5 people!
Screw this, I don't want people to feel left out. If it sounds like fun, feel free!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm new here and this was a perfect get ta know ya post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Corner mouth crusty stuff" is DEFINITELY a deal-breaker.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter