Sunday, June 14, 2009

Success!

I found an apartment!

Somewhere in the back of my mind I figured that if I posted about the trials and tribulations of finding an apartment I must have known that's all it took. Or I'm just lucky, who knows.

And yet, I think I'm excited. Obviously I haven't been the biggest fan of this particuluar change, but I think I'm getting there. There's plenty of features in this new place that are making me happy.

First off - there is approx. 250 sq ft MORE than my last place. On top of that, it's approx. $300 less per month. The beauty of moving 5-10 mins away I guess.
Check out this floor plan! If you look closely you'll see that there are TWO closets in the bedroom, one of which is big enough for you to walk into. There is a washer & dryer, oodles of storage, and an area for barstools at the kitchen. Somehow I managed to score a top floor corner unit as well and it's about 5 minutes away from my work.
Now I have to figure out the logistics of it all. I get the place on July 24th, one day after my birthday. So the weekend instead of festivities will probably be all about moving but there's enough time to pack & clean up the old place before my lease expires (end of July).
I just need to stay positive. This is a great change, but it's definitely going to take some time to get used to it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky girl! I wish we had more closet space. As it is, I just take it over, and Match gets an itty bitty corner. Good luck with the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl trapped in the box made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter