Thursday, June 11, 2009

My pets are dust bunnies, so what?

I'm thinking more and more that my Mexico post isn't going to happen. Or at the very least it'll be a little bit because between work & home there hasn't been enough time to do so and where there HAS been I haven't had my photos with me.
What's been on my mind instead? Apartment hunting. This is both the best and worst thing in the world to do, but I'm definitely leaning towards the worst. It certainly let's my OCD freak flag fly but at the same time I'm one big ball of stress.

My lease expires at the end of July and because of this I start early. My rent thankfully isn't going up, but I've been paying far too much for my little sanctuary, not even 600 sq. ft. With the economy the way it is I'd like to have a little bit of green still in my pocket, you know...to pay bills (or wine as the case may be). But I've realized that not only are there oodles of apartments in my area, a large handful of the ones in the city I'd like (Kirkland) are a pretty penny. I have succumb to looking at surrounding areas and brought out the big guns...the only thing that can make me feel even remotely in control of this whole situation.

...

...

Spreadsheets. Yes, you read that right - I'm using Excel to figure out my apartment hunting nightmare. There are columns and columns of data ranging from name/address to sq. ft/ monthly rent to parking/pros/cons and little notes about each place. So far I've seen approx. 7 places and I want to stab myself in the eye with a fork.

Lots of specials, woohoo! But then there's all the questions -
  • When are you moving? Wait, not the beginning of July?
  • Why are you moving? Because I like my money. And not smelling my neighbors BBQ smoke in my living room.
  • Is it just you? Oh, just you...sad.
  • Do you have any pets? No, I can't keep a plant alive, having a cat would scare me.
  • What amenities are you looking for? Washer & dryer with storage, a walk-in closet and ceiling fans are a bonus. I know I have a lot of stuff, shut up about the amount of couches.
  • Do you work close by? Yes, I know it's a wonderful reverse commute. Shut up about it.
  • Isn't this unit amaaaazing? Sure I guess, but it's on the ground floor and I'm a single woman who is not super trained in self-defense. Got something higher up?
  • Look at our awesome fitness center. No thanks, I've had one for 3 years and set foot in it once.
Do you see the dilemma here? Having these questions thrown at you all the time will make your head spin. I just need to make a decision already. I have two more places I think I need to see and then there's the next step - deposits and packing.

Oh god, the packing. Who's up to help? I supply wine & beer. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter